CERTIFICATE IV IN CORRECTIONAL PRACTICE
CSC40115 Certificate IV In
What You Need to Know
CSC40115 Certificate IV In Correctional Practice Package prescribes the following units as Core to this qualification:
|CSCORG006||Work effectively with culturally diverse offenders and colleagues|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|CSCORG008||Gather and report complex information|
Electives are selected in line with specified Packaging Rules. Bradford Institute of Advanced Education, in consultation with industry, has specified that certain electives are required to address specific workplace needs.
|PSPWHS002||Supervise Occupational Health and Safety practices|
|CSCOFM004||Protect the safety and welfare of vulnerable offenders|
|CSCINT002||Assist Offenders to Change behaviour|
|CSCORG013||Coordinate a work team|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|PSPGEN037||Monitor performance and provide feedback|
How Does It Work
You will be asked to complete an RPL Application and provide evidence against each of the units. Where there are gaps in your evidence, a professional conversation with your assessor from Bradford Institute of Advanced Education may provide additional evidence. Your assessor may also ask you to provide further evidence to substantiate your claim of competency in a particular unit/s.
Where gaps in evidence remain – that is that you cannot be considered competent on the evidence provided, gap training will be made available to you. For gap training, you may be provided with workbooks and given assessments to complete. It is possible that gap training might include practical assessments.
What Is The Investment?
For those less experienced officers, traditional training and assessment is available. Please contact Admin for further details.
What Sort Of Evidence Can Be Considered?
EVIDENCE CAN INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
• Any current licences
• Detailed CV or work history with all supporting documents including hobbies/interests/special skills outside work
• Certificates/results of assessment for prior courses undertaken
• Results/statement of attendance/ certificates for in-house courses, workshops, seminars, symposiums, etc.
• Results/statements of attendance/ certificates – club courses e.g. first aid, officials, surf lifesaving, etc.
• Certificate III in Correctional Practices transcript (We can determine any credit entitlements)
• Police check documentation
• Diaries/task sheets/job sheets/log books/performance appraisals/other work samples that demonstrate your
• Membership of relevant professional associations
• References/letters from current or previous employers/supervisors
• Industry awards
• Any other documentation that may demonstrate industry experience and competence.
How Long Will The RPL Take?
Who Are My Trainers?
We are proud of the superior quality of our training team lead by David Bradford, former, QUT Lecturer and former Senior Training and Development Officer from the Queensland Corrective Services.
More information is available on our website and in our student handbook, conveniently located under the support tab.